Canterbury Rescue in Action
Check out Canterbury Rescue patroling the Lyttelton Harbour. We are often out on the water over the summer weekends keeping the public safe. Make sure you can get hold of us if you need our help.
- VHF Ch 63 (Coastguard – Canterbury Region)
- VHF Ch 16 (International Distress Channel)
- Call *500 for Non-Urgent Assistance (Coastguard NZ)
- Call 111 in an Emergency
- Flares for Attracting Attention
- Always tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return
- Lodge a trip report with Coastguard Radio (Ch63 – Canterbury Region)
A huge thanks to Sam from Uplift Drone Photography for coming out with us to catch this footage and put it together. Help us say thanks by liking their Facebook page & Sharing this footage. Click here to visit Uplift Drone Photography on Facebook.
One thought on “Canterbury Rescue in Action”
I don’t have a boat but admire our Coastguards for their time and expertise. Don’t get it – not wearing a life jacket- in good condition & flares, radio